Purchasing a property is likely one of the biggest expenses you may face in your lifetime. As such, it is probably one of the most important decisions you’ll ever make. If you’ve just started the process or are considering moving forward with a purchase, you probably have a ton of questions… How do I make sure that I don’t overpay for a property? How do I make sure that I don’t get outbid by another buyer on a property that I love? We’d like you to focus on all the benefits you’ll experience from purchasing your new property. ES Properties will guide you through every step of the process, making it as stress free as possible. These are features we encourage you to consider What are my must haves? They might include things like square footage, a view, a pool, or a large garage. How much house can I afford? What area(s) would I like to live in? What kind of property do I want to buy (single family, condo, townhome, mobile home)? We are here to assist you with the technical aspects like:
• Working with a lender/getting a pre-qualification
• Making the right offer/not overpaying for a property
• Getting your offer accepted/negotiating with the seller and seller’s agent
• Selecting the appropriate contingencies to include with your offer
• Making your journey through the escrow process as seamless as possible
Choosing the right real estate agent to sell your property is of the utmost importance. It can be the difference between selling quickly or sitting on the market for months. Let ES Properties guide you to determine the right listing price and marketing strategy to efficiently and effectively sell your property.
We’ve worked with a diverse group of property sellers, each of which bring a unique set of reasons of selling their home. Here are some of the top reasons to sell:
Need a bigger home – You may have outgrown your current home and are looking to acquire more space.
Need a smaller home – Perhaps you’re in an empty nester situation and are looking to downsize (seniors, be aware of the possibility of keeping your current property tax basis if this is the case).
Relocation – Maybe you are moving with your job and need to sell fast and receive the highest market value possible. Or even consider leasing out the home that you are leaving behind and continue to build equity while somebody else pays your mortgage.
Can no longer afford to keep my home – Perhaps you’ve stumbled upon hard times and require assistance in selling your home while working with a lender (be aware of your rights and avoid a judgement!). We are happy to consult on how to avoid a foreclosure or to list your short sale.
Finding and purchasing the right investment property can seem much more challenging than a standard residential transaction. If you are purchasing your first investment property, you may feel as if there is more competition, that other buyers come in with all cash, no contingencies and that you don’t stand a
chance. Let us show you how to present the most attractive offer to the seller!
A few things to consider if buying:
• Should I be looking for a local property that I can drive to?
• How much property can I afford?
• How do I accurately calculate the CAP rate? Should I trust the CAP rate that is being advertised?
• Can I manage my own property, or should I hire a company?
• Can I buy this property with a mortgage? How much of a down payment will I need?
• Is there a financing company that specializes in working with investors?
A few things to consider if selling:
• Have I achieved the highest and best use for my property?
• Will I be netting the highest potential profit?
• How can I provide relocation assistance to a tenant in order to achieve market rate on an underperforming unit?
• What CAP rate should I be trading at?
• Should I leave any deferred maintenance or correct it before I advertise my property?
Managing your own property can be a very challenging proposition, especially in Los Angeles. You may be faced with several unique situations, including some of the following:
• My tenant is not paying rent, what next?
• I have a vacant unit, how can I turn it around quickly and inexpensively while netting the highest return on my investment?
• Is it time to trade my investment property for a bigger investment? How do I take advantage of the 1031 exchange?
As likeminded real estate investors, ES Properties can offer you friendly advice on these topics and many more. We are also available for a consultation if you are considering hiring a management company or trading your properties.